News

FRANCE: Rhône Valley wine exports hit new high - figures

Most popular

Pernod Ricard Performance Trends 2015-2019

Diageo Performance Trends 2015-2019 - data

Major spirits brands dodge the US tariff bullet

just-drinks speaks to Comite Champagne

Where should wine focus its on-premise efforts?

MORE

Wine exports from France's Rhône Valley last year have built on 2011's record high, according to recently-released figures.

Trade body Inter-Rhône said earlier this week that exports in 2012 were up by 5.5% in volumes and by 10% in value terms. Shipment volumes, which exceeded 900,000 hectolitres, represented 31% of the region's volume sales. The remaining 69% was sold domestically.

The UK was the leading destination in terms of volume, reporting a 1.6% rise year-on-year, to 184,682 hectolitres. The trade body hailed the UK numbers as “a good recovery”, thanks mainly to Côtes du Rhône Villages, in what remains a difficult market because of increases in duties. The US was the second largest export market.

However, the two swapped places when it came to value performance. The US claimed top spot, generating sales of almost EUR78.2m (US$100.4m) with demand strong for Côtes du Rhône, Ventoux, and Costières de Nîmes crus and white Luberon AOC. Second place went to the UK.

Last year, the region posted record exports for 2011.


View Larger Map


Sectors: Wine

Related Content

Union des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône chases global consumer with flavour shift - Focus - ProWein 2019

Union des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône chases global consumer with flavour shift - Focus - ProWein 2...

Union des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône gears innovation to specific consumer demands - ProWein 2018

Union des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône gears innovation to specific consumer demands - ProWein 2018...

French wine and spirits exports hit yet another high in 2017 - figures

French wine and spirits exports hit yet another high in 2017 - figures...

Another year of growth for Cognac exports, but Europe causes concern - data

Another year of growth for Cognac exports, but Europe causes concern - data...

Oops! This article is copy protected.

Why can’t I copy the text on this page?

The ability to copy articles is specially reserved for people who are part of a group membership.

How do I become a group member?

To find out how you and your team can copy and share articles and save money as part of a group membership call Sean Clinton on
+44 (0)1527 573 736 or complete this form..



Forgot your password?