US: Republic bolsters portfolio with Horizon acquisition
Republic Beverage Company (RBC) has strengthened its presence in Kentucky through the acquisition of Horizon Wine and Spirits.
Republic Beverage Company-USA chief operating officer Tom Cole said: "The current portfolio of premium wines represented by Horizon will complement the brands at RBC-KY and will make Republic the largest wine wholesaler in the state. This will allow RBC-KY to continue to build brands in the important on-premise channel."
The company stated that Horizon's existing sales and management team will remain in place following the acquisition and that its distribution facility will be incorporated into RBC at the year's end.
"This is another example of Republic's strategic intent to provide additional premium brands and resources to 'win' in each market," said Bob Hendrickson, president of RBC-Open States. "Together we will have the most professional and knowledgeable sales team in the Commonwealth of Kentucky."
RBC, which currently operates in 13 US states, is the second largest wine and spirits wholesaler in the US.
In May of this year, it announced a merger with National Distributing Company, in a move to expand nationwide distribution to 22 states plus the District of Columbia, through a new entity called Republic National Distributing Company.
US distributors Republic Beverage Company and National Distributing Company have taken the first step towards a merger....
Rémy Cointreau USA, the US arm of France's Rémy Cointreau, has appointed John Moreau to the position of senior vice president of sales....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages