US: Remy USA appoints sales strategy boss
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing the changes resulting from Remy's distributor alliance with Bacardi and Brown-Forman.
"Mr Desaulles re-joins Remy Cointreau USA with incredible knowledge and understanding of the global drinks business. His considerable experience makes him a perfect candidate for this key strategic role, enabling him to quickly develop and implement our distributor partnership objectives," said Tom Jensen, president and CEO, Remy Cointreau USA.
Desaulles joins Remy Cointreau USA from Remy Cointreau SA in Paris, France where he was the director of business development, leading the development of a new distribution organisation as the group prepares to exit Maxxium in April 2009.
Desaulles was formerly a member of the Remy Martin Cognac marketing team in the US before moving on to take the position as senior consultant in the consumer and retail practice at AT Kearney in France.
"I am excited with the challenges set before me in my new role at Remy Cointreau USA. I am convinced that the new distributor alliance set-up with our partners will deliver superior growth on our premium portfolio of brands," said Desaulles.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
Remy Cointreau is winding up the celebrations of Metaxa's 120th anniversary with the launch of a limited edition version of the Greek spirit....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi is offering consumers the chance to be in the passenger seat next to Michael Schumacher, the Formula One racing driver, on a racetrack circuit, as part of its responsible drinking campaign....
Russian Standard has confirmed that it has taken independent control of its distribution in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in operating profit for the first half of its fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on reports claiming that it is considering the sale of its coffee liqueur brand Tia Maria....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends