Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Remy Cointreau's Cointreau Noir
Click through to view Remy Cointreau's Cointreau Noir
Category - Spirits, triple-sec and Cognac blend, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Global travel retail, initially in Americas
Price - US, US$39 per 75cl; Asia, $42 per 70cl; Europe, EUR32 ($41) per 70cl
Remy Cointreau has launched a blend of its Cointreau orange liqueur and Rémy Martin Cognac exclusive to Travel Retail.
Cointreau Noir will first launch in the Americas this month, followed by Asia and Europe next year, a spokesperson for Remy told just-drinks.
Earlier this year, Remy acquired Bruichladdich for GBP58m (US$90.3m). The Scotch maker recently told just-drinks Remy is its ideal partner and that it would not have sold out to a fellow whisky firm.
6 November 2012
COINTREAU NOIR TO ENTER THE SPOTLIGHT IN TRAVEL RETAIL
Two of the finest craftsmen in the premium spirits sector have combined their skills to produce a new Cointreau expression which is being launched for 2013 in global travel retail.
Cointreau Noir is the result of an alliance between Bernadette Langlais, Master Distiller of the House of Cointreau and Pierrette Trichet, expert Cellar Master at Rémy Martin.
Between them they have created a perfect blend of the famous Cointreau orange liqueur and the inimitable Rémy Martin Cognac.
Luminous gold in appearance with amber highlights, Cointreau Noir develops opalescent curls when served over ice. Rich and complex on the nose, it is characterised by its orange zest bouquet with notes of vanilla, honey, dried fruit and a touch of almond and walnuts.
Bottled at 40% ABV, this premium expression in the Cointreau range is fruity and fresh on the palate with a smooth texture, its zesty orange peel flavour well-balanced with the sweetness of vanilla and the mellow warmth of oak notes.
Matthew Hodges, Marketing & Business Development Director, Rémy Cointreau GTR: “Cointreau Noir marks a rare partnership between these two historic houses which have combined their talents to produce a new liqueur. Cointreau Noir is a sultry dark version of the orange liqueur we know and love – the blend of Cointreau with Cognac seems to add depth which we believe will appeal to dark spirits connoisseurs as well as lovers of cocktails like Cointreau Fizz.”
Cointreau Noir will be launched first in travel retail in the Americas this autumn followed by Asia and Europe.
Original source: Company Release
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research