UK: Remy Cointreau flips Piper-Heidsieck
Remy Cointreau has launched its Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand from a different viewpoint, with the bottle balancing on its top.
The company teamed up with Dutch designers Viktor and Rolf to introduce a limited edition upside down bottle of Rosé Sauvage, as well as matching topsy turvy flute and ice bucket.
Maxxium UK's brand manager for Piper-Heidsieck Lindsay Brown said: "Viktor and Rolf's daring, but elegant approach perfectly marries with Piper-Heidseick's bold and adventurous reputation in the industry".
Viktor and Rolf added: "How could we make something new out of something eternal? We only had one answer: to invert the proportions making an enormous cork and a narrower base."
The limited edition inverted Piper Heidsieck Rosé Sauvage will be available at off-trade stores such as Harvey Nichols and on-trade retail venues across the UK from the end of the month, retailing at GBP50 (US$103).
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed plans to end its distribution deal with Remy Cointreau across southern central European markets....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
Maxxium has said that "nothing will change" at the distributor, following this week's announcement that Pernod Ricard is to buy Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard has won the auction for Vin & Sprit, beating Fortune Brands to the Absolut vodka trademark....
Fortune Brands has said that it will launch a "high-return" share programme, in light of its failure to acquire Vin & Sprit....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report