FRANCE: Remy Cointreau coverage upgraded
Merrill Lynch has shifted its coverage of Remy Cointreau.
The broker today (28 June) upgraded its coverage of Remy from 'sell' to 'neutral'. The bank upped its price rating saying its initial concerns about the company leaving Maxxium have eased and still views the shares as fully valued.
This week, Remy Cointreau posted a net loss of EUR23m (US$31m) due to payments incurred by quitting its its distribution joint venture with Maxxium. According to the company, compensation totalling EUR241m ($324.3m) before tax for leaving the network was provided for under "other operating income and expenses" at 31 March.
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Having seen a healthy 7.2% rise in shipments in 2006, the global Cognac market is set for continued growth over the coming four years, according to a new report from just-drinks, with continued progre...
Remy Cointreau has appointed a new vice president of marketing for its US distribution subsidiary....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
Remy Cointreau has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits in the six months to the end of September....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China