FRANCE: Remy Cointreau chairman readies departure
The chairman of Remy Cointreau will stand down at the end of this year
Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, who has held the position since 1998, told the French company's combined general meeting yesterday (26 July) that she will vacate the post by the end of this year. Dubreuil, 66, put forward her brother, François Hériard Dubreuil, to replace her.
The same meeting approved the payment of the latest dividend to shareholders.
Remy Cointreau announced earlier this week that it will acquire Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich for US$90.3m. The company garnered $180.1m from the sale of its Champagne business to Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles last year.
Rémy Cointreau: Combined General Meeting Statement 26 July 2012
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News
The Combined General Meeting of Rémy Cointreau's (Paris:RCO) shareholders, chaired by Mrs Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, took place on 26 July 2012 in St Barthélémy d’Anjou, France.
The Meeting approved the Company’s financial statements for the year to 31 March 2012 and set the ordinary dividend at €1.30, supplemented by an extraordinary dividend of €1, resulting in an overall dividend of €2.30, payable in shares or cash.
The ex-dividend date is 3 August and dividends will be payable from 1 October 2012.
Shareholders wishing to opt for the payment of the dividend in shares must submit a request to their financial intermediary between 3 August 2012 and 14 September 2012, inclusive. Shareholders who do not exercise their option by 1700hrs on 14 September at the latest will receive their dividends in cash from 1 October 2012.
The issue price of the new shares will be €77.53.
In the event a shareholder’s net dividend entitlement does not correspond to an exact number of shares, the shareholder may obtain the next highest number of shares by paying the difference in cash on the day they exercise their option or receive the next lowest number of shares, together with the balance in cash. The new shares will be subject to all legal and statutory provisions and will be entitled to dividends from 1 April 2012. They will be delivered in nominative or bearer form, as preferred by the shareholder. Shareholders will receive a request for instructions from the financial intermediary holding their shares, which they must complete, sign and return.
A request will be made to admit the new shares to trading on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange.
During the Combined General Meeting, Dominique Hériard Dubreuil announced her intention to resign from her position as Chairman of Rémy Cointreau by the end of 2012 and recommend that the Board of Directors appoint her brother, François Hériard Dubreuil, as Chairman of the Rémy Cointreau Group.
Dominique Hériard Dubreuil stated: “Rémy Cointreau’s success is due to its long-term vision and consistent strategy, which is shared by all its employees. In line with this spirit, I would be delighted if François Hériard Dubreuil could provide continuity and strengthen our family’s involvement in the strategic direction of the Rémy Cointreau Group and its teams, both in France and internationally.”
Original source: Company Release
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends