US: Remy Cointreau appoints CMO in US
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Mark Breene as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of its US business.
Breene replaces Philippe Roederer, who was SVP of marketing at the Cognac group's US business. For Breene, this role has changed to the title of SVP and CMO, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 October).
Roederer, meanwhile, will move to the newly-created position of SVP for channel development, the spokesperson said. More details about the scope of this role will be released soon, he added.
Breene will lead marketing and branding efforts for Rémy in the US, with a particular focus on super-premium. There will be seven vice-presidents reporting directly to him. Prior to his new role, Breene spent 12 years working for Diageo and has managed several brands, such as Ketel One, Smirnoff and Jose Cuervo. Most recently, he was VP for rums at Diageo North America.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends