UK: Red Bull launches PET bottle
Click through to view Red Bull's 33cl PET bottle
Red Bull has announced a roll-out of its PET bottle across the UK trade and into the wholesale channel.
The launch of the 33cl PET bottle, which will be supported by an outdoor media campaign during September, will help grow the sports and energy category, the firm said today (5 August). The announcement follows the recent launch of the Red Bull 33cl PET bottle in the driving and take home channels.
Red Bull said the PET bottle has generated around GBP1.8m (US$2.9m) in sales in three months.
"As a company, we're committed to delivering growth for the category and feel that the introduction of the 33cl PET bottle gives consumers a different offering whilst giving retailers a profit driving SKU," said Red Bull's head of category marketing, Doug Bairner. "It has proven to be incremental to the category with 36% of sales coming from new consumers who wanted Red Bull, but in a format that allowed them to decide how and in what quantity they consumed their energy."
Last month, Red Bull posted a drop in profits and sales in its UK and Ireland business in 2010.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign