USA: Record 2000 results for Spring Water Group
The company also recorded an increase of 8.4% in revenue to a record $69.3m from $63.9m last year. And driven by its home and office water business the company's operating results achieved an increase of 9.4% in water revenues over 1999 on a unit volume increase of 14.9%.
Chairman of Sparkling Spring, John Krediet said: "I am pleased with the results for 2000. They reflect a solid performance. I am particularly pleased with our organic customer growth of 12,000 rental customers up 9.5% over our beginning rental base.
"In the year 2001 we plan to focus our efforts on further increasing our internal customer growth and we also plan to resume acquisition activity as market opportunities arise," he added.
Sparkling Spring is based in Vancouver, Canada and distributes bottled water to the home and office segment. The company also has businesses in the UK and US.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer