News

INDIA: Radico Khaitan to build new Indian distillery

Most popular

Everywhere is now a drinking occasion - Trends

Canada blazes a trail for cannabis beverages

Why single malt should ignore its core consumer

How DNA testing will shape the future of drinking

How young consumers are transforming brands

MORE

Radico Khaitan has teamed up with two other Indian companies to build a new distillery in the western state of Maharashtra.

The spirits group confirmed to the Mumbai and National Stock Exchanges yesterday (8 October) that it has created a joint venture with NV Distillers and Riddhi Siddhi to build the greenfield distillery in Aurangabad. The construction, which should be completed in 12 months' time, will cost in the region of INR1.6bn (US$40.7m).

Radico Khaitan will take a 36% stake in the JV, which will be called Radico NV Distilleries Maharashtra, with NV and Riddhi holding the remaining 64%.

The new plant will produce Indian made foreign liquor (IMFL), extra neutral alcohol and ethanol, and will have an annual production capacity of 36m litres.

In August, Radico Khaitan reported that net profit for the three months to 30 June totalled INR120.9m (US$2.98m), against INR132.8m in the corresponding quarter a year earlier. Sales in the period rose, however, to INR1.5bn compared to INR1.4bn a year ago.


Sectors: Spirits

Related Content

Pernod Ricard's Chinese malt whisky distillery - just-drinks speaks to China MD Jean-Etienne Gourgues and Asia marketing head Tracy Kwan

Pernod Ricard's Chinese malt whisky distillery - just-drinks speaks to China MD Jean-Etienne Gourgue...

Ian Macleod Distillers to resurrect Rosebank Scotch whisky distillery after Diageo deal

Ian Macleod Distillers to resurrect Rosebank Scotch whisky distillery after Diageo deal...

Pernod Ricard breaks new boundaries with Chinese malt whisky distillery - Comment

Pernod Ricard breaks new boundaries with Chinese malt whisky distillery - Comment...

"We need to pick our battles and identify where we want to grow on a scale basis"- just-drinks meets...

Oops! This article is copy protected.

Why can’t I copy the text on this page?

The ability to copy articles is specially reserved for people who are part of a group membership.

How do I become a group member?

To find out how you and your team can copy and share articles and save money as part of a group membership call Sean Clinton on
+44 (0)1527 573 736 or complete this form..



Forgot your password?