GERMANY: Racke sales up 13%
Wine sales, which account for 55% of Racke's generated turnover were up 13%. Sparkling wine sales increased 33%, accounting for 19% of the total Racke turnover. Racke's spirits generated a slight plus of 2%, amounting to 26% of the total turnover achieved.
In total the Steiner-Racke-Dujardin Group generated a turnover of €261.8m, with the share of the new partner Steiner amounting to €35.5m in the half year since the alliance.
Racke's business operations generated a 6% increase on turnover for the year to €226.3m.
"In a truly difficult and highly competitive year for the European retail it was especially branded wines, which achieved double digit growth, thereby strengthening their position as one of the most important product category for the trade. Based upon our recent alliance with the Steiner Group (as of January 1st, 2003) we are now a strong trade partner not only of branded wines but also in terms of the BOB business." Marcus Moller-Racke, CEO of the Racke Group.
Racke is the leading wine supplier in the German retail setor as well as being among the top 5 leading suppliers in Poland, Austria and Switzerland (through its long term partner Bataillard).
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends