FRANCE: Rémy reveals cost of Maxxium exit
Rémy plans to leave the global distribution network in 2009 to find other ways of selling its products in key markets like Asia.
Rémy, which produces a range of drinks including Piper-Heidsieck Champagne and Rémy Martin Cognac, posted a 7.3% rise in operating profit to EUR58.9m.
The company's first-half performance enabled it to confirm its full-year target of double-digit organic growth in operating profit.
Rémy also confirmed its target of double-digit organic growth in profit from operations for the 2006/07 financial year to 31 March.
The jump in earnings came despite slower sales growth. Revenues for the six months to 30 September inched up 0.3% to EUR354.4m.
Rémy boosted profits through its strategy of focusing on its top-end Champagne and Cognac labels. Earnings from its Champagne stable almost doubled, while profits from its Cognac portfolio rose 38%.
US sales of Cointreau and growing demand for Passoa in Europe buoyed the company's liqueur business, which saw profits rise 9%.
Rémy, meanwhile, posted a loss from its stable of partner brands due, it said, to the end of a number of distribution contracts.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine UK has left the company....
V&S Group has set up a joint venture in the Chinese domestic spirits market....
Maxxium Nordic has taken over the distribution of Xanté pear & Cognac liqueur and Heering cherry liqueur in the region....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to support Canadian Club with a double-digit increase in its advertising and promotion spend, the company said....
Eckes AG has sold Stock Plzen in Czech, according to reports....
Sazerac has followed Beam Global Spirits & Wine in adopting its own advertising and marketing policies....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020