FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau appoints new chairman
Family-controlled Remy Cointreau has appointed a new chairman to take over in the New Year
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Francois Heriard Dubreuil as its new board chairman.
Dubreuil will replace his older sister Dominique at the end of this calendar year, the Paris-based company announced yesterday (20 November). Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, who has been chairman for 14 years, first announced her intention to step down at the group's AGM in July.
She will remain a Rémy Cointreau board member, as well as holding the chairman roels at both E. Rémy Martin & Cie and Cointreau.
Francois Dubreuil, who is currently chairman of the management board of the family holding company Andromède, said: “I would like to thank the board for the trust it has placed in me, which demonstrates and reaffirms the family’s involvement in the continued implementation of the group’s development strategy”.
Last month Rémy Cointreau confirmed it is in talks to take majority control of family-owned Cognac producer Larsen. In September, it completed the GBP58m (US$90.3m) acquisition of Islay-based Scotch producer Bruichladdich.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research