UK: Quintessential Brands appoints CFO
The group has appointed a CFO
Fledgling spirits group Quintessential Brands has appointed a group CFO as it moves ahead with “ambitious” expansion plans.
Sophie Brown, formerly CFO at Leeds Bradford International Airport, has taken the newly-created role at the London-headquartered group with "immediate effect", it announced today (24 January). Prior to her aviation-related role, Brown was deputy group financial controller at UK food producer Northern Foods.
Brown's position at Quintessential will be a wider role to that of the group's previous finance director, Ed Baker, a spokesperson told just-drinks. Baker left Quintessential last August to join Manchester-based Kingsland Wines & Spirits.
Warren Scott, co-founder of Quintessential, which owns G&J Distillers, said: “With Sophie’s experience in the FMCG sector, together with her broad exposure at senior level, she will be a valuable addition to our team and support our ambitious plans for the business.”
In October, the group, whose other co-founder is former Gruppo Campari CEO Enzo Visone, announced two other senior appointments, including an ex-Accoalde Wines executive.
Quintessential's portfolio includes Greenall's Original Gin, Bloom Gin, Berkeley Square London Dry Gin, Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin and Toussaint Coffee Rum Liqueur.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Quintessential's brands & marketing director, Mike Salmon click here
Vodka is the second largest segment of the Global Spirits market, accounting for a share of 15.75 percent in 2013. Countries such as Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and the Czech ...
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
Gruppo Campari aims to continue growing its brand presence through marketing and innovation. In addition, the Group would like to further develop its international presence, especially in emerging mar...
Quintessential Brands has announced a three-year tie-up with the The Jockey Club, making its Greenall's brand the official gin across 15 UK racecourses. ...
Business Monitor International's Italy Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bod...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts