Product Launch - UK/SPAIN: Quintessential Brands and Luis Caballero's Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
Quintessential Brands and Luis Caballero's Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
Category - Spirits, spiced gin, 40% abv
Available - From now; launched at UK on-trade show Imbibe live on Tuesday (2 July)
Location - UK and Spain; on- and off-trade
Price - GBP23for 70cl bottle
Distribution - Marblehead in the UK and Luis Caballero in Spain
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin has been launched jointly by the newly-formed Quintessential Brands and Spain's Luis Caballero.
The 40% abv London Dry gin is made with cubebs from Indonesia, black pepper from India and coriander from Morocco, designed to create a "unique oriental spiced gin", according to the companies.
It is being produced by G&J Distillers, which was acquired by the former CEO of Gruppo Campari, Enzo Visone, and investment banker Warren Scott in 2011.
A company spokesperson said the Opihr launch is to "complete the Quintessential Brands gin portfolio, which consists of ultra-premium Berkeley Square, super-premium BLOOM, mainstream Greenall's and value brand Richmond".
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has claimed most references to alcohol brands in music happen without permission after a study accused drinks firms of targeting younger con...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research