CANADA: Quebec promotes code of ethics
A Quebec liquor industry group is promoting a professional code of ethics for manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and agents.
The code, dubbed 'Educ'alcool', is financed mostly by the state and wants the industry to adopt a charter to "formalize their social commitment". Among the provisions are bans on associating alcohol with violent or asocial behaviour, or making alcohol particularly attractive to people under 18.
An independent ethics council will handle complaints covering packaging, advertising, and promotional practices. Many brewers, bar owners, and food retailers already abide by such rules in principle, but suggest they would accept a code if clear guidelines help the industry's image.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
Swedish brewer Spendrups is preparing to launch a stronger version of its low-carb beer next month....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has revamped its social responsibility website....
Spain has postponed plans to restrict alcohol advertising just months before the country's elections....
Carlsberg CEO Nils S. Andersen today (20 February) labelled its Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH) venture as the "main value driver" of the company as the brewing giant published healthy annual figures....
Alcohol consumption in Finland has fallen for the first time in ten years, according to recent figures....
Finland is looking to discuss Internet alcohol sales from Estonia with its neighbouring country....
Furious MEPs have attacked widespread confiscations at European Union (EU) airports of duty free alcohol from transit passengers, claiming they are damaging duty-free retailers. The confiscations are ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research