SPAIN: Profits soar at Coke bottler Rendelsur
A great proportion of the increased profit for the company, controlled by the Mora Figueroa family, comes from the sale of its old Seville factory last year. Pre-tax profits were up 111% to € 55m but as much as € 26.8m came from the sale of the former bottling plant.
Turnover was up 6.5% to € 425m, which more or less matched the 5.5% increase in litres of soft drinks that left the factory gates.
Operating profit was down 8.5% at € 40.1m but the fall is hard to analyse due to a change in the amortisation policy during the year.
The Market for Soft Drinks in Western Europe
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts