Product Launch - Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute
Chivas lines up 62 Gun Salute
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, blended
Available - January 2011
Location - Asia, travel retail and domestic
Price - US$2,200
Aimed at the Asian market, 62 Gun Salute will be the flagship product in the Royal Salute range. It is produced from whiskies aged for a minimum 40 years and packaged in bottles created by Dartington Crystal.
It is not a limited edition and, whisky stock and demand permitting, Pernod aims to produce 5,000 bottles per year.
"Our research demonstrates a real appetite from our consumers to see this exciting innovation," said Neil Macdonald, brand director for Royal Salute and Pernod's Chivas Brothers unit.
The Southern Wine & Spirits unit in the US state of Indiana has appointed a sales manager for its Pernod Ricard-led prestige sales division....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends