CHILE: Premium beers close in on 10% market share
Premium products are the fastest growing segment in the Chilean beer market, and have already attained 9.6% market share.
Premium beers are increasingly available in supermarkets and bars, while a number of new launches of both foreign and local brands have also kept the market buoyant.
The best-selling brand in Chile remains Heineken, with 38% market share. Then comes Royal with 17%, Austral with 16%, Budweiser with 10%, followed by premium producers Kunstmann with 4.5% and Paulaner with 3%.
At 21.9 litres per capita, Chilean beer consumption is much lower than many other South American countries, leading premium supplies to predict continued sales growth. Kunstmann has already seen its sales surge by 30% to date in 2004 since it tied up a distribution deal with giant brewer CCU. It recently launched a honey beer and is planning two new launches for 2005.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends