POLAND: Polish government starts auction for Polmos Warszawa
The privatisation selection has begun, according to the Polish press, and candidates may apply for participation in the tender until 9 April.
Polmos Warszawa acts as a marketing and trade agent for other, yet unprivatised Polmos distilleries in the country. One of its most prominent brands is the Belvedere vodka brand and the prospective auction will highlight the conflict of the Polmos' right to withhold export rights to the brands. Belvedere has become popular in the US market in recent years, with 200,000 nine-litre cases now exported, and is known to be highly sought after by various groups, such as Dutch-based Royal Bols Distilleries and Remy-Cointreau.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video