USA: PlumpJack Winery Owners Announce First Screw Cap Closures for Luxury Wine
Gordon Getty, Bill Getty and Gavin Newsom, co-owners of PlumpJack Winery, announced today that PlumpJack Winery's 1997 Reserve Cabernet, scheduled for September release, will be the first luxury wine to go to market with a screw cap closure. The release will comprise a total of 12 barrels, or approximately 300 cases, including 133 cases with screw caps, priced at $135 per bottle, and the remainder with traditional cork closures, priced at $125 per bottle.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends