UK: PLB poaches Young's exec for beer unit
PLB Group has beefed up its beer division in a move aimed at upping its presence in the UK on- and off-trade.
The independent beer and wine importer and distributor said today (19 June) that it has created two new positions within its beer unit as it ramps up its efforts in the branded product arena in the country.
Mark Johnson, formerly off-trade controller at Young's Brewery, has been appointed as beer division director. The position sees him assume full responsibility for the beer team, brand growth strategy and sales for the worldwide marketplace. Prior to his eight years at Young's, Johnson also held national account positions with Allied Domecq and Remy Cointreau.
Also joining the team is Martin Howe as senior national account manager and brand manager for Palma Louca - the recently-announced Brazilian beer addition to the PLB portfolio. Howe has previously held senior national account manager roles at Wells and Young's and Greene King.
PLB took the decision to expand their beer division into the branded product market late last year. Historically an own-label and bespoke brand supplier, the company is now focusing on marketing branded premium packaged beers and ciders from Brazil, Spain, the Czech Republic and Lithuania.
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
Pernod Ricard has replaced the 14-year-old version of its Scapa Scotch whisky brand with a 16-year-old variant....
Remy Cointreau is winding up the celebrations of Metaxa's 120th anniversary with the launch of a limited edition version of the Greek spirit....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard has confirmed that it has taken independent control of its distribution in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in operating profit for the first half of its fiscal year....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added Cruzan Rum to its portfolio....
Remy Cointreau has launched a marketing campaign for its Remy Martin Cognac brand in the US....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts