FRANCE: Piper-Heidsieck to move to new location
Champagne house Piper-Heidsieck is moving from its original base in Reims' Boulevard Vasnier, which it has occupied since 1870, to a new HQ and production facilities at the Allée du Vignoble, on the edge of the city.
The move, involving the transfer of around 200 administrative and production staff, is due to take place mid-March and will allow the company to group its activities at a single site compared to the current five.
"We have invested EUR7.5m (US$11.3m) in the new location and have sold our former site for double this amount," Piper-Heidsieck's president, Anne-Charlotte Armory, told just-drinks today (27 February).
French construction giant Bouygues has acquired the Boulevard Vasnier premises including its cellars, which attract 60,000 visitors annually. The group is planning to build a luxury residential complex on the site.
The move will see Piper-Heidsieck's vat capacity rising by 25,000 hectolitres to 130,000 hectolitres, while remuage (shaking) facilities will also be enlarged with the number of gyropalettes rising to 160. The new location will also incorporate a storage area.
Founded in 1785 and part of the Remy Cointreau group, Piper-Heidsieck sold 10m bottles last year, with increases in sales of 8% and 50% respectively for the Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck brands, generating a turnover of EUR170m.
Maxxium has lined up a travel retail promotional event at Munich Airport inspired by the city's Oktoberfest....
Cognac and Champagne producer Remy Cointreau has returned to profit in its recent full-year, but has warned the next 12 months would be a "transition period" for the group....
Fortune Brands has posted a reverse in operating profits for its second quarter with sales from its spirits unit also sliding....
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal....
Need to know - Ten facts about Maxxium...
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing t...
Rémy Cointreau has posted a lift in both sales and operating profit for its latest full-year, but has sit tight on releasing full financial details due to ongoing discussions at Maxxium....
PLB Group has beefed up its beer division in a move aimed at upping its presence in the UK on- and off-trade....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015