BRAZIL: Petropolis aims for north-east with new brewery
Grupo Petropolis has begun production at its latest facility in Brazil, targeting the beer markets in the north-east of the country.
The company, Brazil’s only major brewer with 100% domestic capital, started operations at the site in Alagoinhas, Bahia state, last week. Around BRL600m (US$258.8m) has been invested in the brewery, which will have an annual production capacity of 6m hectolitres.
Alagoinhas will produce 62,000 bottles and 128,000 cans of beer per hour, with equipment supplied by German firm Krones.
Nine states in north-east Brazil will be supplied by Alagoinhas, while construction of a new plant, in Itapissuma, Pernambuco state, will start in the first half of next year.
Petropolis will begin its market offensive in the region with its leading Itaipava beer brand.
The company is vying with Brasil Kirin, formerly Schincariol, for second place in Brazil's beer market, with each accounting for around 10% each. Market leader AmBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, holds 65% share.
The Brazilian Beer, Cider & Pre-mixed Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Beer, Cider & Pre-mixed Spirits market in Brazil from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, ...read more
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
C&C Group is looking to differentiate its Woodchuck cider brand from major new launches in the US market by upping its focus on craft consumers....
Kirin Brewery Co Ltd aims to increase its sales and profit by 2015. In order to achieve this, the company plans to invest its resources to enhance the Kirin brand regardless of its profit in 2013. The...
After Schincariol Participações e Representações SA was totally acquired by Kirin Holdings at the end of 2011, the company started to review its process and structure, in order to become more organise...
Japanese brewer Kirin has significantly expanded its geographic coverage through acquisition. This profile analyses the company’s strategies for dealing with challenging domestic conditions and develo...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research