Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet The Guardians’ Chapter
Click through to view the new Glenlivet
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 48.7% abv
Available - From March
Location - World-wide
Price - SRP of US$85 or equivalent
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard's next expression from its Glenlivet stable has been chosen by an online vote.
The Glenlivet The Guardians’ Chapter, with an abv of 48.7%, will be launched in March, the company said today (12 December). Voters were given the choice of three styles - Exotic, Classic and Revival - and picked Exotic, with 39% of the vote.
The Guardians' Chapter name refers to The Glenlivet fan club, the Guardians of The Glenlivet, who contributed to the online poll.
“This is an opportunity to savour a unique, limited edition, single malt that’s already been admired and desired by thousands of whisky lovers,” Glenlivet master distiller Alan Winchester said.
The Guardians’ Chapter Exotic single malt is made with a mixture of casks including Hogsheads and American oak barrels with the addition of whisky from Spanish ex-sherry butts.
Pernod said it will be bottled “in limited quantities”.
In first-quarter results, released in October, The Glenlivet posted a 10% sales growth in its core US market.
This article has been updated. The original refered to the new expression as The Glenlivet Exotic instead of The Glenlivet The Guardians’ Chapter.
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-dri...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Whenever you give a business journalist the opportunity to ask a senior drinks executive - particularly one who works in spirits - a question, you can be pretty certain this will be that question:...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report