Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Martell Caractare
Click through to view an image of this product
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, exclusively in California
Price - SRP of US$34.99 per 75cl bottle
Pernod Ricard has announced details of a new blend from its Cognac house Martell.
Martell Caractare, which is being launched exclusively in California, has notes of “citrus, tangerine peel, cinnamon and clove”, according to the company. The 40% abv blend has been distilled twice without lees and aged in fine grain French oak barrels.
The blend is designed as a tribute to Martell founder Jean Martell, the company said.
Full-year results released by Pernod in August, showed that Martell's sales grew by 15%, on a 5% lift in volumes.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends