Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Kahlúa Cans-To-Go
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Kahlúa Cans-To-Go
Category - RTD, cocktail, flavoured coffee liqueur, 5% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, nationwide, retail
Price - SRP US$2.50 per 20cl can or $9.99 per four-pack.
Pernod Ricard is set to launch three pre-mixed cocktail flavours of its Kahlúa coffee liqueur in RTD, single-serve cans.
Kahlúa's 20cl Cans-To-Go will come in Iced Espresso, Iced Mocha and Cinnamon Spice varieties and go on sale in retail outlets across the US next month. Pernod Ricard said the drink mixed two strong and fast growing catagories - single-serve coffee and prepared cocktails.
“The prepared cocktails market is worth $241m, gaining 18.4% in value over the last 52 weeks,” said Kahlúa brand director Michelle Sanders, citing AC Nielsen figures from the end of 2011. “Kahlúa Cans-To-Go represent a tremendous opportunity to expand the Kahlúa brand and increase category sales for our retail partners.”
The launch is supported by custom-designed POS materials including floor racks, floor and door decals, case cards and extenders, shelf talkers and gravity feed units.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends