Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
Café de Paris Pear and Pomegranate
Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
Category - Wine, sparkling, flavoured, French, 10% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - US$12.99
Pernod Ricard's US unit has launched two sparkling fruit-flavoured wines as it targets female millenials driving premiumisation trends in the imported wine category.
Café de Paris Pear and Pomegranate flavours are priced in the “premium” category and have a “slightly sweet taste”, Pernod Ricard USA said yesterday (9 July). The unit highlighted 5.5% growth in the US last year for the imported sparkling wine category that was driven by wines priced above $10. It also said that volumes for French sparkling wine (excluding Champagne) are growing at 28%.
The flavours are are also available in Japan, although the liquid is different, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.
“Both were tailored to meet the taste profile of the consumer, so in the US the liquid has more effervescence, a little more fruit-forward taste,” the spokesperson said.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review