Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Absolut Chicago
Click through to view the new Absolut bottle
Category - Spirits, vodka, olive & rosemary flavour, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$19.99 per 75cl bottle
Pernod Ricard has launched its latest Absolut vodka inspired by a US city.
Absolut Chicago is flavoured with olives and rosemary and is the seventh flavour in the brand's city portfolio, Pernod said today (14 October). It follows last year's Absolut Miami and 2011's Absolut SF.
The design of the Absolut Chicago bottle was crowdsourced through a partnership with a Chicago-based design community.
CHICAGO, Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's most iconic vodka officially unveils the latest limited-edition, city-inspired flavor to the ABSOLUT® VODKA portfolio, ABSOLUT® CHICAGO.
Just like the city of its namesake, ABSOLUT® CHICAGO is a true modern classic. Fused with olive and rosemary flavor, ABSOLUT® CHICAGO is perfect for many of the city's favorite cocktails, including martinis, bloody marys and lemonade simple serve. ABSOLUT® Chicago is packaged in a specially-designed bottle, whose design was crowdsourced through a partnership with the Chicago-based design community, Threadless.
Over 170 designs were submitted and over 156,000 votes cast for the unique canvas on the limited-edition bottle. Ross Bruggink, 26, describes his winning design as a "stylized cityscape incorporating architectural and iconic elements of Chicago."
"ABSOLUT® CHICAGO is a product of creativity and collaboration," said Maxime Kouchnir, Vice President, Vodkas, Pernod Ricard USA. "By putting the bottle design in the hands of artists, ABSOLUT® CHICAGO inspired hundreds of people to express their creativity through an unexpected canvas."
ABSOLUT® CHICAGO is the seventh flavor in the US brand's city-inspired flavor portfolio, which launched in 2007 with the introduction of ABSOLUT® NEW ORLEANS, a flavor reminiscent of the Big Easy. Each year since, ABSOLUT has introduced the following US limited-edition flavors - ABSOLUT® LOS ANGELES in 2008, ABSOLUT® BOSTON in 2009, ABSOLUT® BROOKLYN in 2010, and ABSOLUT® SF in 2011 and ABSOLUT® MIAMI in 2012.
ABSOLUT® CHICAGO is now available in 750ml bottles with a suggested retail price of $19.99.
Original source: Company Release
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research