UK/INDIA: Pernod Ricard ups polo links for Royal Salute
The company said today that its Chivas Brothers unit, which controls the Royal Salute brand, has secured a sponsorship deal for the Royal Salute Maharaja of Jodhpur Golden Jubilee Cup. The event takes place in India between 26 December and 30 December.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"As part of Royal Salute's growing international appeal, we are building links with distinctive and luxurious polo gatherings around the world in some of the most iconic destinations," said Royal Salute's brand director, Neil Macdonald.
"India is one of our most important potential markets and we're honoured to be working with the Maharaja of Jodhpur and his team on such an important event."
The brand also sponsors the Royal Salute Gold Cup, a polo tournament held annually in October at the Nine Dragons Hill Polo Club in Shanghai, China.
Chivas Brothers also said that it is "looking into further international (polo) opportunities" for Royal Salute.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends