TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard unveils Heathrow push for Plymouth Gin
Plymouth Gin is now available in Heathrow
Pernod Ricard has secured a new Travel Retail listing for Plymouth Gin, bringing the super-premium brand to Terminal 5 at London's Heathrow Airport.
A copper-style bar in Terminal 5 will support the World Duty Free Group listing along with gondola and wall displays, Pernod said today (13 March). The move follows what Pernod said has been a strong performance for gin in European Travel Retail.
At a launch event in London today, Plymouth's global brand director, JC Iglesias, said the super-premium gin category was growing sales by 40% year-on-year.
“It's a very exciting market place,” he said. “It's a very dynamic place and it has prompted us to come into the space with this activation with World Duty Free.”
Jenny Shipton, marketing director at Pernod Ricard Travel Retail Europe, added: “The premium gin category has seen significant growth in Travel Retail, presenting a huge opportunity for innovation. In recent years we've been reinforcing Plymouth's position as a super-premium gin with a strong heritage. We are pleased to be introducing our biggest activation to date.”
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Iglesias said Pernod had previously priced Plymouth Gin too low but, after raising its price tag by about 25%, had it “in the right place now”.
World Duty Free is selling Plymouth Gin for GBP32.99 (US$55) per 1-litre bottle.
The US Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the US from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...read more
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In the second part of just-drinks' exclusive interview with the outgoing CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet, here he looks back at some of the deals that have shaped the company, and his role in th...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer