GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard unveils flavoured Absolut redesign
Click through to view the new bottles
The packaging redesign covers all Absolut fruit flavours and has already started shipping to all Absolut markets, a spokesperson told just-drinks at the weekend. Because of shipping times and existing stocks, it is unclear where the new bottles will first launch, the spokesperson said.
The new designs stay clear of fruit imagery and use “symbolism and myths” attached to the fruits, the Swedish vodka company said.
Jonas Tåhlin, VP for global marketing at The Absolut Company, said: “While most flavoured vodkas look more or less the same, we are bringing a full range of innovative designs to market ... We believe they will reinforce our position as creative leader.”
In June, Absolut was ranked as the 11th most valuable alcohol brand by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, behind Diageo's Baileys Orignal Irish Cream and ahead of Bacardi's Grey Goose vodka.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017