GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard unveils flavoured Absolut redesign
Click through to view the new bottles
The packaging redesign covers all Absolut fruit flavours and has already started shipping to all Absolut markets, a spokesperson told just-drinks at the weekend. Because of shipping times and existing stocks, it is unclear where the new bottles will first launch, the spokesperson said.
The new designs stay clear of fruit imagery and use “symbolism and myths” attached to the fruits, the Swedish vodka company said.
Jonas Tåhlin, VP for global marketing at The Absolut Company, said: “While most flavoured vodkas look more or less the same, we are bringing a full range of innovative designs to market ... We believe they will reinforce our position as creative leader.”
In June, Absolut was ranked as the 11th most valuable alcohol brand by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, behind Diageo's Baileys Orignal Irish Cream and ahead of Bacardi's Grey Goose vodka.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015