CZECH REPUBLIC: Pernod Ricard unit opens facility
Pernod upgrades Czech production
The facility, on the outskirts of Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad), has taken 12 months to build.
Jan Becher will produce all four brands from its spirits portfolio including more than seven million litres per year of its flagship product, a herbal liqueur called Becherovka, company spokeswoman Eva Kotynková told Just-drinks today (2 July).
Full production in the new plant is to begin in September.
The Czech company has to date been distilling and bottling its spirits in the centre of Karlovy Vary. “These premises will now be turned into our museum and store,” Kotynková said.
Jan Becher was founded in 1807 as a family business.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China