UK: Pernod Ricard to pull Malibu Flavours
The company's UK arm said today (11 May) that it had decided to focus on the parent Malibu brand after reviewing its enlarged spirits portfolio in the wake of the Allied Domecq takeover.
A Pernod Ricard UK spokesperson told just-drinks that the move fits with the company's strategy of focusing on its premium spirits brand. "We don't want to go down the road of RTDs or brand extensions that would dilute what we want to say about the parent brand."
The spokesperson added that the range would still be sold in the US in order to capitalise on the thriving demand for flavoured rums across the Atlantic.
Pernod Ricard UK plans to spend GBP6m (US$11.3m) on marketing Malibu as it looks to boost awareness among 18 to 24-year-old consumers in the UK.
Malibu Flavours will be delisted on 30 June.
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has had to postpone its plans to publish self-regulatory guidelines on drinks sponsorship because of a failure to find consensus on the subject. Ben ...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
A major takeover, persistent speculation about further acquisitions and most recently a legal wrangle with a prominent competitor over the ownership of a key brand have made the past year or so fairly...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), the industry-sponsored social aspects organisation, has been forced to postpone plans to set out specific guidelines on sponsorship after the member...
Pernod Ricard UK and Martell Cognac are launching Martell Noblige in a move to strengthen the group's cognac offering in the UK....
Global drinks force Pernod Ricard has announced the UK launch of its super-premium vodka brand Wyborowa Exquisite....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the seventh release from its Cellar Collection for the distillery's flagship malt whisky, The Glenlivet, with the issue of a 1969 vintage....
French wines and spirits group Pernod Ricard is set to up the stakes in the ultra-premium Champagne sector with the launch of a top-price version of its Perrier-Jouet brand....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research