TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard sets up The Glenlivet Taiwan snooker stand
Click through to view The Glenlivet's promotional space at Taiwan's Taoyuan airport
Pernod Ricard is running an “out-of-store brand space” in Taiwan's Taoyuan international airport for its The Glenlivet single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The push, announced earlier today (5 March), centres on a snooker table positioned in Terminal 2 near Gate C6 of Taoyuan. The person who scores the highest score on the table will win a bottle of The Glenlivet Alpha, a 3,500-bottle extension that was launched last year.
The space has been designed to look like 'The Guardian's Library' at The Glenlivet distillery in Ballindalloch, Banffshire.
The out-of-store area will run until the end of this month.
In Pernod's fiscal half-year results, announced last month, The Glenlivet delivered a 10% rise in sales on a 1% lift in volumes.
In the second part of just-drinks' exclusive interview with the outgoing CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet, here he looks back at some of the deals that have shaped the company, and his role in th...
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard announced a 1% rise in sales in the six months to the end of December. Here's a look at the performance of the company's 14 major spirits and Champagne brands in the half-...
Pernod Ricard has launched a new premium expression of its Havana Club rum brand in collaboration with Cuban cigar producer Cohiba....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends