GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard relaunches Pernod Absinthe
Pernod is investing its absinthe brand
Pernod Ricard has announced a change of recipe for its Pernod Absinthe brand.
The company, which opened a new distillery to produce the brand earlier this week, said that the change is a return to the drink’s original formula from the 1800s. The newly-formulated brand will appear from this month in all global markets where it is sold.
Pernod said there is three key differences to the brand:
- the base spirit will shift from a neutral grain to a neutral wine spirit
- the grande wormwood, the key element to creating absinthe, will be cultivated in Pontarlier, France, the historical home of Pernod Absinthe
- the spirit will be coloured naturally through maceration of green nettles, instead of added dyes and artificial colours.
A ban on Absinthe in the US was lifted in 2007, having been outlawed since 1912. France dropped its ban on the spirit in 2011, after it had faced a similarly lengthy hiatus in the country.
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review