GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard readies consumer website for gin portfolio
ginandtales.com will highlight Pernod Ricard's Beefeater, Beefeater 24 and Plymouth gin brands
The site, entitled ginandtales.com, was introduced to trade press at Beefeater's distillery in London yesterday (10 May), by Chivas Brothers, Pernod Ricard's UK-based Scotch whisky and premium gin unit. The division is hoping that growing consumer demand for information on gin cocktails will drive traffic to the site.
Information available to consumers include gin cocktail recipes, bar recommendations and bartender profiles. The site, which has been created by Publicis Modem, will be highlighted through PR campaigns in the UK and US, while plans are afoot to look at a translation into two or three other languages later this year.
Jenny Shipton, international marketing manager for gins at Chivas Brothers, said that the unit has a “responsibility to educate and excite consumers” about gin.
“With such variety in consumption habits across the world, including the top three gin markets – the UK, the US and Spain – the website is the ideal vehicle to share these trends, while at the same time challenging some well-worn ideas on how to enjoy gin,” Shipton said.
Separately, just-drinks has learnt that Beefeater, which has run two limited edition seasonal gin variants in the last 12 months – one for Summer, one for Winter – is looking to release a third limited edition in time for the UK summer.
Beam Inc has made a strong case for its viability as a free-floating spirits company, but analysts continue to question how long the drinks industry's bigger fish allow the firm to continue....
Pernod Ricard has mixed white rum and Tequila to develop Malibu Red, which will launch in the US early next year in partnership with R&B music star Ne-Yo....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends