UK: Pernod Ricard readies Chivas Brothers bottling sale
A spokesperson for the company's brand-owner subsidiary Chivas Brothers told just-drinks today (19 November) that it is in talks with the Benriach Distillery Company regarding its bottling site in Newbridge, on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
"Of the 103 employees currently based at the site," the spokesperson said, "24 will have the opportunity to remain at Newbridge, while 60 employees will be offered alternative jobs at Chivas Brothers at our other sites, predominantly at Paisley."
Employees at Newbridge were informed of the news yesterday.
"We have entered into discussions with employee representatives at Newbridge."
Should the sale proceed, the spokesperson said it expects the deal to close by July next year.
In September, Pernod confirmed the reduction of 36 roles at its UK division.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research