UK: Pernod Ricard readies Chivas Brothers bottling sale
A spokesperson for the company's brand-owner subsidiary Chivas Brothers told just-drinks today (19 November) that it is in talks with the Benriach Distillery Company regarding its bottling site in Newbridge, on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
"Of the 103 employees currently based at the site," the spokesperson said, "24 will have the opportunity to remain at Newbridge, while 60 employees will be offered alternative jobs at Chivas Brothers at our other sites, predominantly at Paisley."
Employees at Newbridge were informed of the news yesterday.
"We have entered into discussions with employee representatives at Newbridge."
Should the sale proceed, the spokesperson said it expects the deal to close by July next year.
In September, Pernod confirmed the reduction of 36 roles at its UK division.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team