UK: Pernod Ricard prepares Ballantine's centenary parties
Ballantine's Finest reaches 100
Pernod Ricard is planning a range of worldwide celebrations around its Ballantine's Finest Scotch whisky brand, which will mark its 100th birthday in 2010.
Pernod's Scotch whisky and premium gin subsidiary, Chivas Brothers, said late last week that "a number of celebrations are currently being planned all over the world and will take place throughout this year".
Ballantine's Finest is the leading brand within the Ballantine's blended Scotch whisky range.
No further details on the celebrations were given.
Ballantine's takes its name from George Ballantine, who opened a grocery store in Edinburgh in the 19th Century and began supplying whisky.
Ballantine's Finest was launched, complete with its square bottle, in 1910.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016