UK: Pernod Ricard prepares Ballantine's centenary parties
Ballantine's Finest reaches 100
Pernod Ricard is planning a range of worldwide celebrations around its Ballantine's Finest Scotch whisky brand, which will mark its 100th birthday in 2010.
Pernod's Scotch whisky and premium gin subsidiary, Chivas Brothers, said late last week that "a number of celebrations are currently being planned all over the world and will take place throughout this year".
Ballantine's Finest is the leading brand within the Ballantine's blended Scotch whisky range.
No further details on the celebrations were given.
Ballantine's takes its name from George Ballantine, who opened a grocery store in Edinburgh in the 19th Century and began supplying whisky.
Ballantine's Finest was launched, complete with its square bottle, in 1910.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends