GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard gives Havana Club music-themed push
The brand will get exposure through the global initiative
Pernod Ricard has launched a new music-orientated global marketing campaign for its Havana Club rum brand.
The initiative, set up by Pernod's Havana Club International JV with Cuba Ron, includes a competition for consumers, DJs and producers giving them the chance to travel to the Cuban capital to record tracks with producer Gilles Peterson and Cuban musicians. A bespoke Facebook application –www.havanaculturamix.com – allows consumers to produce a remix and vote for their favourite tracks.
The campaign is part of the Havana Cultura platform, which has been showcasing contemporary Cuban culture since 2007.
Havana Club Añejo Especial rum expression was relaunched last year with new packaging and a new recipe in a bid to attract whisky drinkers.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report