GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard gives Havana Club music-themed push
The brand will get exposure through the global initiative
Pernod Ricard has launched a new music-orientated global marketing campaign for its Havana Club rum brand.
The initiative, set up by Pernod's Havana Club International JV with Cuba Ron, includes a competition for consumers, DJs and producers giving them the chance to travel to the Cuban capital to record tracks with producer Gilles Peterson and Cuban musicians. A bespoke Facebook application –www.havanaculturamix.com – allows consumers to produce a remix and vote for their favourite tracks.
The campaign is part of the Havana Cultura platform, which has been showcasing contemporary Cuban culture since 2007.
Havana Club Añejo Especial rum expression was relaunched last year with new packaging and a new recipe in a bid to attract whisky drinkers.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends