SOUTH AFRICA: Pernod Ricard extends Olmeca Altos Tequila launch
Pernod is moving Olmeca Tequila into new markets
Pernod Ricard has launched its Olmeca Altos Tequila brand in South Africa.
The brand, which in May underwent a global packaging overhaul, was unveiled at launch events in Cape Town and Johannesburg last week, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks today (12 August). It is available from this month in the country, the spokesperson said.
Olmeca Tequila's brand manger in South Africa said the company will focus on “educating bartenders about Tequila and illustrating its versatility”.
“We hope to inspire a greater curiosity for Tequila as well as awareness about the product, its origins and the way it is produced,” said Renzo Puccini.
The 100% blue agave Tequila was first launched in selected markets worldwide in 2009.
Last month, Pernod confirmed the departure of the international brand development director of its Mexican operations. Michael Kaller oversaw the Olmeca brand outside of Mexico.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts