US: Pernod Ricard expands, renews distribution tie-ups
Pernod is upping its ties with Southern Wine & Spirits in the US
The French group's US unit said yesterday (23 April) that it is broadening its relationship with SWS to 33 markets. The new agreement, which takes effect on 1 July, willl see four extra control states added - Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi and Ohio – meaning SWS will be Pernod's exclusive broker in all 17 control states.
SWS will also handle Pernod's wine and spirits portfolio in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, South Carolina and Washington.
Meanwhile, Pernod has renewed a “long-standing” deal with RNDC. The deal, which also takes effect on 1 July, means RNDC will be the group's exclusive distributor in: Texas, Louisiana, Maryland (including Montgomery County), Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Washington.
RNDC also will sell Pernod's wines in Virginia, and in Georgia and New Mexico under National Distributing Company. The company will also continue to act as an authorised distribution agent for Pernod in Michigan, the companies said.
Financial terms of the new deals were not disclosed.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a drop in nine-month global group sales as problems in Asian markets, particularly China, persisted.
Being based in the Cuban capital of Havana has its benefits, such as having a swimming pool in front of your office. But, for Jérôme Cottin-Bizonne, head of Havana Club International, the JV between P...
Pernod Ricard has secured the services of film actor Diane Kruger as Martell Cognac's ambassador for the brand's 300th anniversary celebrations this year....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends