US: Pernod Ricard expands, renews distribution tie-ups
Pernod is upping its ties with Southern Wine & Spirits in the US
The French group's US unit said yesterday (23 April) that it is broadening its relationship with SWS to 33 markets. The new agreement, which takes effect on 1 July, willl see four extra control states added - Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi and Ohio – meaning SWS will be Pernod's exclusive broker in all 17 control states.
SWS will also handle Pernod's wine and spirits portfolio in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, South Carolina and Washington.
Meanwhile, Pernod has renewed a “long-standing” deal with RNDC. The deal, which also takes effect on 1 July, means RNDC will be the group's exclusive distributor in: Texas, Louisiana, Maryland (including Montgomery County), Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Washington.
RNDC also will sell Pernod's wines in Virginia, and in Georgia and New Mexico under National Distributing Company. The company will also continue to act as an authorised distribution agent for Pernod in Michigan, the companies said.
Financial terms of the new deals were not disclosed.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a drop in nine-month global group sales as problems in Asian markets, particularly China, persisted.
Being based in the Cuban capital of Havana has its benefits, such as having a swimming pool in front of your office. But, for Jérôme Cottin-Bizonne, head of Havana Club International, the JV between P...
Pernod Ricard has secured the services of film actor Diane Kruger as Martell Cognac's ambassador for the brand's 300th anniversary celebrations this year....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends