SPAIN: Pernod Ricard confirms Marqués de Arienzo sale
Pernod Ricard slims down Spanish wine division
Pernod said today (22 July) that the sale includes the Marques de Arienzo and Vina Eguia brands and 358 hectares of land.
A consortium made up of Vinos de los Herederos del Marqués de Riscal and Gangutia SL (Bodegas Muriel) has bought the assets in a deal that was signed and completed on 21 July.
Spanish press reported in late June that a deal had been agreed, but Pernod declined to comment at the time.
The move follows Pernod's deal to sell its interest in the Ambrosio Velasco Spanish wines and liqueurs business for EUR33.1m, announced at the start of July.
The French firm has sought to dispose of non-core assets since acquiring Sweden's Vin & Sprit in 2008.
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review