FRANCE: Pernod Ricard confirms Le Maine au Bois buy
Pernod has finalised its acquisition of the Cognac producer
The Paris-based company, which began talks over the deal in February, said late last week that it had succesfully acquired Le Maine's shares. Le Maine is located in Saint Eugene, in the 'Petite Champagne' area of the AOC Cognac region.
The family-owned company “is involved in the distillation, storage and trade of eaux-de-vie” in the Cognac region, according to Pernod.
Last month, Pernod revealed that its sales in China have been hit by a crackdown on inter-governmental gift-giving and banquets.
The results of a consultation document regarding veryfing the geographical origin and production and aging processes for Scotch whisky will be published in the coming weeks. But, asks, Ian Buxton, is ...
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends