FRANCE: Pernod Ricard completes Nordic drinks sale
Pernod sells off minor assets
Pernod Ricard has taken another baby step towards its EUR1bn assets disposals target after completing the sale of several Nordic drinks brands to Finland's Altia.
Pernod agreed in February to sell the assets to state-owned Altia for SEK835m (EUR87m, US$115m).
Brands sold to Altia include Explorer vodka, Lord Calvert whisky, 1 Enkelt bitter, Blossa glögg and Chill Out wines. A bottling facility located in Svendborg, Denmark, and two logistic centres located in Odense, Denmark and Årsta, Sweden, are also part of the sale.
Pernod has agreed long-term production, bottling and logistic services agreements with Altia.
The deal takes Pernod a step closer to achieving its EUR1bn target in assets disposals, set following the French firm's takeover of Sweden's Vin & Sprit in 2008.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets