US: Pernod Ricard, Coca Cola Co, PepsiCo donate to Sandy relief efforts
Hurricane Sandy has caused widespread disruption in the US' north-eastern region
Major drinks firms have revealed details of the financial donations they are making to help those affected by 'super storm' Sandy.
The storm, which hit the US' east coast on Tuesday, caused substantial flooding and power cuts in the country's north-east. The death toll from the disaster is currently 64.
"We are focusing our immediate efforts to provide the best and most direct support to those affected by this devastating natural disaster," said Pernod USA's CEO & president, Bryan Fry.
The Coca Cola Co has pledged $1m to “local community relief efforts”. “These funds will help provide resources for necessary food and shelter in the short-term and will aid in the long-term rebuilding efforts,” the company said.
Chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent added: “Our system has mobilised to help however we can. We’re working with local authorities and relief agencies, donating our beverages and funds to help rebuild impacted communities,” said chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent.
Meanwhile PepsiCo, which was forced to close its global head offices in Purchase earlier in the week, told just-drinks it is giving $500,000 to the American Red Cross for the Annual Disaster Giving Program. It is also donating $250,000 to Feeding America for its annual disaster relief fund.
Diageo was forced to close some of its east coast facilities on Monday and Tuesday, but re-opened them yesterday.
"Due to the hard work of our logistics team, which continued to operate throughout the crisis, we expect little, if any, material impact to our North American business," a spokesperson said.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review