SOUTH KOREA: Pernod plans marketing drive
The French drinks giant said today (11 July) that its subsidiary in South Korea, Jinro Ballantines, would give fresh impetus to its whisky, wine and Champagne brands in the country.
Reports from South Korea claimed that Pernod planned to hike its marketing expenditure in the market by up to 25% this year. A Pernod spokesman in Paris refused to be drawn on the figures but said the company would look to bring marketing investment in South Korea "back to normal figures".
"There was under-investment in marketing in South Korea under Allied," he said. The spokesman added: "We have a premium whisky brand there called Imperial and we believe another, Ballantine's, could also be very, very powerful."
The spokesman said that Pernod would look to push ex-Allied brand Perrier Jouet onto the Korean market, while adding wine brand Montana to its portfolio of brands there.
"It's a small market (for Champagne) but we think it has some potential because of the demand for premium products there. Even with low volumes, there are such high margins."
The announcement of Pernod Ricard’s full-year sales figures this week coincided with the first anniversary of the company’s acquisition of Allied Domecq. Olly Wehring takes a look at the performances ...
The outlook in Champagne is upbeat, with sales on the increase in France and export markets, and the prospect of continued growth. However, writes Richard Woodard, challenges remain for Champagne ship...
Pernod Ricard has named a former Moët Hennessy executive as the man to lead the marketing of its spirits brands in the US....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the first international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
The success of a golf promotion in four Asian airports has seen Ballantine's line up further campaign around the world....
Diageo has calmed press reports suggesting it is keen to expand its wine portfolio. The UK-based drinks giant said today (18 December) that reports suggesting that it will focus more specifically on t...
Pernod Ricard has signalled its commitment to promoting responsible drinking with plans to put warnings to pregnant women on all its wine and spirit brands throughout the EU....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research