US: Pernod launches premium Tequila
The company said that the brand, named Tevado, offered a "step up" in quality and versatility for retailers, on-premise accounts and consumers from today's big volume Tequilas.
Tevado, which joins the Olmeca and Viuda de Romero brands in Pernod's Tequila portfolio, launches in California this month, with a 750ml bottle retailing at US$19.99. At retail, Tevado will be available in a Margarita co-pack that includes a 750ml Tevado and a bottle of Finest Call Margarita Mix.
Pernod intends to follow up a summer launch programme with a fully integrated holiday push beginning in October.
Pernod Ricard USA western division marketing director Jeff Torres said: "Our new enhanced portfolio of premium brands allows Pernod Ricard to compete effectively in all key spirits segments with one exception - the dynamic premium tequila segment. Tevado Tequila is the missing piece of our puzzle on the west coast."
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
A closing date for Brown-Forman's acquisition of Tequila group Casa Herradura has been set....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the first international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
The success of a golf promotion in four Asian airports has seen Ballantine's line up further campaign around the world....
Diageo has calmed press reports suggesting it is keen to expand its wine portfolio. The UK-based drinks giant said today (18 December) that reports suggesting that it will focus more specifically on t...
Pernod Ricard has signalled its commitment to promoting responsible drinking with plans to put warnings to pregnant women on all its wine and spirit brands throughout the EU....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research