FRANCE: Pernod, Bacardi quiet on Tequila purchase talk
Reports this morning have suggested that Pernod and Bacardi are among the bidders in the race to buy the Mexican Tequila maker.
In April this year, Herradura was reported to be looking for buyers. Estimates at the time valued the company at between US$650-US$750m. The brand is known both for its premium anejo and reposado Tequilas as well as its standard brand Jimador.
Final bids for the company came in ten days ago. Pernod is thought to be a front runner, along with Bacardi and Brown-Forman. Pernod reluctantly sold Sauza Tequila to Fortune Brands last year as part of its Allied Domecq acquisition.
"We have no comment to make (on the reports)," a spokesperson for Pernod told just-drinks today. When contacted today, a spokesperson for Bacardi said: "Bacardi has a long standing policy of not commenting on speculation." No-one was available for comment at Brown-Forman.
In April last year, Pernod's chairman and CEO, Patrick Ricard, said that it would have been "a dream" to retain Sauza as part of its purchase. Pernod sold Sauza, among a slew of other former Allied brands, to Fortune to secure the US company's financial backing for the Allied takeover.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Brown-Forman has finally completed its purchase of Tequila producer Casa Herradura....
India's UB Group has reportedly set up its first wine subsidiary in the state of Maharashtra, the country's wine heartland....
Tests in the UK have reportedly shown that one in 50 bottles of wine sealed with screw caps could be ruined by sulphidisation. The UK-based International Wine Challenge event has tested tens of thousa...
The president and CEO of Corby Distilleries is to stand down....
Brown-Forman has put back the closing date for its purchase of Casa Herradura by a week....
Bacardi is set to launch a marketing assault behind Noilly Prat vermouth to raise international awareness of the brand....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research